Keep Watching the Skies.
This has been a good year for Yes Exactly. We’ve moved into larger and more technically demanding projects, including app and systems development for public sector clients, professional service firms, and an early-stage venture-backed startup. We’re especially proud of the work we did for Musica Franklin, a nonprofit that fights poverty through music education, and WRSI’s The River Cares For Kids.
But in all honesty, that’s only part of the story.
We have been able to pursue big and ambitious goals: blockchain technology for the music industry, as well as a new social media tool aimed at enhancing customer relationships for small businesses, media, musicians, artists, and nonprofits. The opportunities are daunting but exhilarating.
I started Yes Exactly five years ago with a simple goal: provide simple and beautiful custom designed websites to clients at an affordable price. Since then, we’ve launched 80+ sites, and remain committed to building more. We are still looking for ways to better serve our original customers even as we venture into new terrain.
We will be sharing more details about our newest initiative over the next few weeks. We are excited about 2016, and we hope you are too.
Best wishes for a safe, relaxing, and joyful holiday!
Yes Exactly CEO and Founder
A message from Moses: “If your upbringing guides who you become and what you do in life, my own background has done just that. Growing up in the household of faith leaders and being the son of a janitor and housekeeper, I value community service and hard work.”
Through Yes Exactly’s newest website, The River WRSI’s annual holiday campaign, local donors can easily sign up to buy toys and gifts for children in the Big Brothers/Big Sisters program. We are pleased to be able to work with the radio station to help kids in need during this holiday season.
Yes Exactly is pleased to have been awarded the contract to redesign and update information for the Western Region Homeland Security Advisory Council (WRHSAC) interactive map. We are proud to assist with providing timely and accurate, mission-critical information services for our region.
I’m going to quote Dan Morehead, CEO of Pantera Capital, and share a few reasons why bitcoin and blockchain technologies are gaining ground at the close of 2015:
2015 is an inflection point — financial institutions acknowledging the disruptiveness of the blockchain. These institutions are creating separate departments to explore synergies with the technology and even investing into companies in the space.
Below are how some traditional financial institutions that are now exploring the technology:
- Lloyds Bank has sponsored hackathons that include blockchain and digital currency projects.
- BNP Paribas has looked into ways to incorporate bitcoin into one of its currency funds.
- JP Morgan is one of the founding members of R3. Jamie Dimon wrote in his letter to shareholders that the firm needs to look to Silicon Valley innovators to prevent the bank’s demise.
- Credit Suisse is a founding member of the R3 blockchain partnership.
- Deutsche Bank is opening three blockchain innovation labs: in Berlin, London, and San Francisco.
- Bank of America has filed a patent for blockchain-based wire transfers.
- UBS has started the Level 39 co-working space to encourage blockchain initiatives within the bank.
- Barclays has partnered with Techstars to invest and incubate blockchain companies. Safello and Everledgr are two blockchain companies of those blockchain companies.
- Royal Bank of Scotland to pilot blockchain proof-concept in early 2016.
- Citigroup – Citi is working on “Citicoin” for cross-border payments and is an investor in portfolio company Chain.
At this point, traditional financial services firms conducting pilot programs or some sort of blockchain experiment are countless.
Read the rest of Morehead’s newsletter here. It’s pretty good.
Have questions about how to improve your local search ranking? Looking for simple, low-cost ways to drive more traffic to your site? Ask at our Search Engine Optimization clinic next month at our office in downtown Greenfield at 7PM on Wednesday, October 21. Free and open to the public. RSVP here.
Musica Franklin is a free music education and antipoverty program for kids in the Greenfield area. Yes Exactly believes that music is about much more than entertainment. It is part of our community, linking the future with the past. We are proud to donate our web design and development services to benefit this worthwhile cause.